Thursday, June 5, 2008

Whew!

So Saturday in 95 degree Georgia heat, my car died on the side of the road. I called AAA to tow it to the Honda place and called Seth to tow me home. I was so sad. I went home and moped. I didn't even think I'd feel like going to church Sunday, besides how would I get there. At 7:05 Sunday morning, I woke up and thought (maybe it was God saying this), stop feeling sorry for yourself and go get in the shower. When I got out of the shower, I called Arnold and Terrie, Catherine's parents, to see if I could get a ride. They always tell me I'm part of the family, and Arnold's my deacon, too. So I had a ride to church and home. Sunday evening I called Vince, my boss, for a ride to work on Monday. One of the girls noticed my car wasn't there and asked me where it was. I told her the story. She asked me how I got to work and I told her Vince brought me. She said, "That's why he was here so early!" He's usually late. So the culprit was the crank shaft sensor. Whatever that is. Apparently it's something that makes your car go, because mine wouldn't go. It would crank and when I pushed the accelerator the tachometer would go up really shaky. Then when I took my foot off the gas, it came down, the car stalled out, and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas Tree. It's all better now. $235 later. I got it back Monday after work. 48 hours without a car. It could have been worse.

On the positive side, while I was stuck at work for lunch on Monday, I was sitting in the break room knitting on my sock while my Lean Cuisine cooked, in walked our fairly new receptionist. It turns out she is also a knitter. Yea! I invited her to join us at Panera some Monday night.

I babysat the boys on Tuesday night. The three-year-old pooped in the potty for me. This was a huge deal. It was very exciting! Crazy, I know.

So, I have been seriously broke. I mean seriously. As in - the car insurance payment comes out of my checking account tomorrow and I didn't have enough money to cover it. This morning I scored a freelance video gig for someone who paid me $100 cash tonight to do the video for him. I told him he was an answered prayer. Honestly. I didn't know what I was going to do. Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Provides. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

No comments: