The most dangerous thing about hope is that you might lose it. How do you keep hope alive when everything around you seems hopeless?
Three things trigger hopelessness:
- Pointlessness or meaninglessness.
- Believing your situation is not going to change.
- Believing the outcome is going to produce an undesirable result.
- v10~Draw your meaning from God and God alone. God is not unjust. He hasn't forgotten you.
- v17&18~God doesn't change. Attach your meaning to God. He is the point.
- v11~Wait until the end. We know the end.
- v19~We have this hope as an anchor for the soul.
- v18~Always pray and don't lose heart.
I don't know how much sense that made as I typed it from my notes, but it was inspiring coming from Thad this morning. I hope you glean just a little inspiration from it.