Sunday, August 31, 2008
This is what I accomplished last night while Clemson was blowing it against Alabama. It's a nice hat, isn't it? At least something good came from Saturday night.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
The Handball is interesting. We were at lunch in the break room the other day. There were four or five of us in there. There was a sport on we couldn't identify. Teams of women (Norway and Korea) on an indoor court with goals like soccer goals throwing a ball in between the size of a softball and a volleyball. Whenever someone went down the hall, we'd say, "Hey, do you know what sport this is?" We must have asked half a dozen people. Miller said Handball, but we didn't believe him. One of the news reporters looked it up on the Internet schedule. Yep. Handball. Miller was right.
I stayed up until 2am watching Women's 20K Race Walking the other night. It's apparently a difficult sport because several women got disqualified. It was pouring rain in Beijing and there they went racing through the streets for twelve and half miles! I had to see it through to the end at 2am. I was very sleepy the next day. Lots of that going around during this Olympics. People from everywhere keep telling me that.
Speaking of pouring rain, check out this video:
That's my patio in the middle of Tropical Storm Fay this afternoon. (Not bad for being shot using the video mode on my digital camera, huh?) I had a thing to go to at church this morning that required lots of sitting and listening, but the food was excellent. Afterward I came home and took a long nap while it continued to rain. It started sometime around noon Friday and is supposed to go at least until 6pm Monday. What a weekend. I made brownies tonight to make myself feel better. YUMMY!
Last weekend we had a Beth Moore ladies video retreat at church. If you're reading this and thinking, "Wow, that sounds great. I wish I'd known about it," I apologize. While I was sitting there enjoying it, I kept thinking of people I wish I'd invited. People from my knitting group and people from work, too. I'm sorry. Next time I'll do better.
Yesterday at work we had a luau. I'll leave you with some photos to enjoy:
Monday, August 11, 2008
- The winner can put the logo on her blog.
- Link the person you received your award from.
- Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
- Put links of those blogs on yours.
- Leave a message on the blogs of the girls you’ve nominated.
The nominees are:
- Holly H. When I first started my blog, I decided to do a Google search and see if it would come up. I typed in "Holly Knitting Blog" or something like that. Up popped a blog with a picture of a cat who looked like Gidget, the cat I had a long time who meant the world to me. I commented on her blog and we've been blog buddies ever since.
- Lacey She came to the knitting group about a year ago. Lacey is funny, smart, and a really great knitter, crocheter, and seamstress. She's been AWOL much of the summer, but I hope she finds herself at Panera a lot more Monday nights as the weather cools.
- Jamie I met Jamie on ravelry. We joined some of the same groups because we're from the same hometown, went to the same high school (where we were both in the band), and both went to Clemson University. She's A LOT younger than me, that's why our paths never crossed in real life.
- Bookwyrm She doesn't reveal her name on her blog (as far as I can tell), so I'm not sure if I should. She is new to our knitting group and fitting right in. Hope she likes tag!
- Lacy I met Lacy on New Year's Eve. I was sitting in the floor at A.C. Moore going through the clearance yarn (I'm hardcore), and she was yarn shopping with her friend Amanda. Next thing you know, Lacy's at Panera on a Monday and the rest is history. She has a great blog full of recipes, animal stories, and tips on simple living. Go visit!
- Angela Because, like Becca always says, she needs to blog more.
- Brandi She's been in a blogging slump all summer, but I hope when Eli starts first grade (whenever that happens in Texas), she gets her blogging mojo back.
Consider yourselves tagged!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Oh. My. Gosh! I just got scared to death. I love The Weather Channel. I've downloaded Weather Desktop. It's great. Tells you the temperature down by the time and radar is one click away. The only thing is, when there's a weather alert, it thunders at you. The thunder coming out of my computer scares me every time. I wonder if I can turn off the thunder.