Sunday, March 2, 2008

Episode IV: A New Hope


Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing)Written by: Brenton Brown & Brian Doerksen


Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging
Your love is a mountain, firm beneath my feet
Your love is a mystery, how you gently lift me
When I am surrounded, your love carries me



Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, your love makes me sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, your love makes me sing


Your love is surprising, I can feel it rising
All the joy that's growing deep inside of me
Every time I see you, all your goodness shines through
And I can feel this God song, rising up in me

© 2000 Vinyard Music
CCLI# 3091812


We have a senior pastor. Hallelujah! I just can't describe the sense of peace. That feeling of "it's all going to be okay now." You know how sometimes when things in your life are topsy-turvy, you think "once this is over, I can get on with my life." That's kinda how I feel about church now. We have a pastor, let's get on with things.


Today he preached on Jesus calming the storm. He asked "When life gets unpredictable, do you fall apart or do you show great stability?" I've done both. He broke it down like this: Just as the wind moves the waves, God uses the Holy Spirit to move us, to direct our paths. Even in the best of times, our faith can waiver. Does it matter how hight the waves get if Jesus is in the boat with us? When life gets unpredictable, do you look at the limitations or at the possibilities? God knows no limitations. To the disciples credit, at least they called on Jesus when times got rough.

This picture is from the reception this afternoon. Left to right is Tamma (the wife), Addison, (the daughter), and Thad (the pastor), Cary and Jennifer from the search committee. The bag Jennifer is holding has gift cards that the folks in the church got them as part of an anonymous and secret gift card shower. (I got one from Bath & Body Works - a girl's gotta have her body wash.)
Thad likes motorcycles, so the folks organizing the reception had some of the guys in the church with bikes bring them. Here they are over in the corner of the fellowship hall. Doesn't that beautiful arrangement of flowers look pretty behind them? At one point they fired them all up. It was really loud!

There was a yummy cake. Some of the icing was black. Here's what happens when a three-year-old eats it.I wasn't the only one taking pictures.

No comments: