Saturday, May 17, 2008

RIP Downtown Saturdays

Today was Seth's last Saturday working. He's a Monday through Friday guy now. The gazebo to the right is outside his office on the Broadway median. We've been having lunch downtown (or uptown, as the marketers would have us describe it) most Saturdays since October. Usually it's fast food. Today we went to Country's Barbecue, because it's our last downtown lunch. It's a great local place with lots of atmosphere in an old bus depot. Best sweet tea anywhere. Afterward I went to a Warm Up America meeting at Hobby Lobby. I was the only one knitting among a plethora of crocheters. Interesting. While I was there, Kim - the WUA local coordinator - and I talked to the Hobby Lobby manager about World Wide Knit in Public Day. Kim introduced me by saying, "This is Holly. She's sort of in charge of knitting in Columbus." Yeah, right. Anyway, they're going to let us have a knit-in there on WWKIP Day, June 14th. That's a load off of my mind. Afterward I went to a Fred's store next to the Hobby Lobby that's closing and got some great deals. A very nice Saturday, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh! ooh! whadidyaget @ Fred's?