Monday, September 3, 2007

Gifts, Mistakes, and Nightmares in Finishing

Gift Yarn!!! How cool. Debbie from the Stitch & Bitch went to Las Vegas last week. Before her trip I did a search for Nevada yarn stores for her and emailed the results to her. The yarn above is a present for my efforts on her part. She is so sweet!

The other day I was working on my sweater. Sixty stitches in 1 x 1 rib. Supposed to end on a purl. Well, this one row ended on a knit. Uh oh. I counted. 63 stitches. Oh, crap. I can't see the stitches well enough in the fluffy yarn to fix it. I started to frog it and it gets all tangled and breaks not once, not twice, but three times!I'm going to put it in a bag for a few days. Maybe when I come back to it, I'll know what to do. I know one thing: I'm going to pull out some Woolease or Cottonease to make this sweater. I need a simpler yarn.
This is a scarf that was supposed to be a Christmas gift last year. It wasn't even close to done at Christmas. I finished knitting it in March or so. See all those stripes? Well let me tell you, it's not self-striping yarn. I tried to weave in the ends, but it was a nightmare. So, I decided to fringe the sides. I really think it's going to look really cool this way. Anyway, the giftee's birthday is coming up and I'm working on getting the fringe done.

The Stitch & Bitch moved to Panera tonight. I got a Chipotle Chicken sandwich and an Orchard Harvest salad. All very good. I'm going to like this place.

No comments: