Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Year. Lots of Kids.

We had ten kids in Sunday School. A few tears on arrival, but they did great in story time and snack time. The 11:00 teachers had five more kids arrive!!! Wow! We're going to have our hands full, and it's going to be great.

Friday after work I went to Michael's to get the new Knit Simple Magazine. When I was leaving and pulled out onto Whitesville Road, the car sputtered a little and then the check engine light came on. I looked at the clock and it was 6:18. Roy, my car guy, gets off work at 6:00, but is often there later. I pulled into the Steinmark parking lot and called. Stupid voicemail. Left a message. Got out the owner's manual and looked it up. I got from the owner's manual that it's okay to drive if the car seems to be performing okay, but have it checked asap. I looked up the office number for the Honda place and left a message for the general service department voicemail. So Saturday morning at 9:30, Libby, who works with Roy, calls about my message. Can I be there at 10:30? Yeah, right. I'm still in bed. 11:00? Yes, I can do 11:00. So I worked on my practice sock knitting while they checked it out. The computer told them it was an "Intermittant Failure". They reset it and drove it and the light didn't come back on. Libby says it might never happen again. If it does I'll have to leave the car with them for more tests. (Vaguely sounds like a medical procedure, doesn't it?)

It was 103 in Columbus yesterday. It's been outrageously hot for a week now. With no end in site. It had gotten up to 98 or so today when a thunderstorm broke out. It rained really hard for a couple of hours. In two hours the temp dropped 20 degrees. Eventually it was 72. It hasn't been below 78 in over a week, so this is a treat. I'm going to do some laundry. My laundry room is on the patio, so it's really not pleasant with it 90 out.

Back to work and knitting tomorrow. Have a great week.

No comments: