Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bubbles, Knitting, & Recipes

My PMF and I went on a Gazillion Bubbles buying spree yesterday. He found them on clearance at Kmart, so we had to hit all three of the Kmart's in town and scoop them up. It was hilarious. We bought 38 bottles. 304 ounces of Gazillion Bubbles. We spent $28.46. On Sunday we had bought some at WalMart - 120 ounces for $20. (Those are going back to WalMart.) We use them in Sunday School to help the kids transition from Mommy & Daddy time to Sunday School time. Also, we like to give them to our kids when we have the need - like the little girl who broke her leg last week. We sent some home with her twin brother Sunday.

After the spree he came to meet my knitting group. He calls me while I'm there and now they - well, especially Rhonda - have a face to put with his voice and name. Once he left I worked on my practice sock. I got to the point where I need to do the toe decrease and checked the time. 9:00pm. Didn't want to start the toe decrease at 9:00pm. I probably should have done that tonight, but instead I got online and started surfing and here I am - Yikes! - four hours later in the same chair.

Tonight's Dinner Recipe from Fitness Magazine:
Mediterranean Penne (approx. 500 calories)
2 ounces whole-wheat penne, uncooked
1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
Cook penne and drain. Toss all ingredients in pot and warm for about 7 minutes.

It was good, though my oregano may have been a little past its prime.

Here's what I'm having for lunch tomorrow, also from Fitness:
White Bean & Pesto Pita (approx. 400 calories)
1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp pesto
1 cup spinach
1 medium whole-grain pita.
Mix it up and fill the pita.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of bubbles!

So your car basically just had a tantrum? I'm glad you weren't stranded.

I'm so pleased the knitting meet-ups are moving. I should be able to come much more often now. Can't wait to see your sock!