Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday in Pine Mountain

I went to Pine Mountain today to hang out with Seth. After lunch at San Marcos (the best Mexican food in West Central Georgia), we visited his neighbors. We only go there to see the animals. This is their horse, Apollo. He's normally not very friendly, but he was following me along the fence today. I think he posed for this picture. It turned out really great.
This is BarnCat. She is exceptionally sweet. Purrs all the time. Very lovable. Adorable, too, but you can see that for yourself.
We went over to Callaway Gardens and visited the Day Butterfly Center.
And the Discovery Center, where I tried using the self-timer on my camera to take a self-portrait. Honest. Seth didn't want his picture taken and he was hiding.
I like going to Callaway. It's a really nice place that has a special quality to it. It's only about a thirty minute drive, but when you go there, you feel like you're far away from real life.
This is the scarf I made Seth for Christmas. Bernat Denim in Faded Khaki. Knit double stranded in a 1 x 1 rib on size 13 needles. It matches the hat I made him last year.

No comments: