Monday, September 1, 2008

Anniversary

Tonight we sat outside at Panera. (My allergies did not appreciate this, but I digress.) It's the first time since we've been there that we sat outside. When I went in to get some coffee, I noticed how quiet it was. . . because the noisy knitters were outside. I realized then that it was our anniversary at Panera. It was Labor Day 2007 when we moved from the Wynnton Road Burger King to Panera. In recognition of the anniversary, here are some pictures from our Knitting Night.


The very pregnant blond in the blue t-shirt is Pati. She's an army wife who is leaving on Wednesday for Ohio to birth her baby and then to Japan for three years. We're going to miss her. She's so sweet. We met Pati two years ago when one night she showed up at Starbucks (where we met before Burger King) to learn to knit. I have this picture of Debbie teaching her to knit from October 9, 2006.Why does the Army move people around so much?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics! I didn't even know last night was the anniversary! I wish I had gotten to know Pati better...she was really sweet. Thanks for letting me join up!

Holly said...

Aww, that's a bummer! My older brother was stationed in Japan for a number of years when I was very young. I thought it was cool though, because he sent me Japanese books and Coke cans.