Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Time is Here

Last Saturday I went to Pine Mountain to have Mexican food with Seth. The Pine Mountain Christmas Parade was that afternoon. I got a big coffee from the Circle K and we watched the parade. Enjoy it with us:
I was a flag girl in my high school band. I marched in many a parade like this.
This is the Jolly Trolly from Callaway Gardens. You can ride this through Fantasy in Lights. It's so much fun.
And here's Santa!

I mentioned in my last post that I was doing stage makeup for the Christmas Program at church. Here are some examples of my handy work: First we have a little donkey.
Then we have a little lamb. They were animals in the manger when Mary and Joseph went there to have baby Jesus.
I also sparkled up three angels. I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but their faces and hair are all covered in glitter.
This is the finale part of the program. Most of the drama is done with the children down in front of the choir, but at the end the curtain on the stage above the choir opens and the adults are up there doing the scene, too. See the angels on top of the manger? The little animals are down front on the right. There's also a "camel" on the very right.
At the very end, everyone comes down and the angels are on the stairs. I told them to move their heads a little so the glitter would catch the light. It was so pretty.

It was a very nice program. The choir sounded wonderful. The musical was so sweet.

I've got to go get some knitting done now. Y'all have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Saturday! I was at Fantasy in Lights Friday...but we skipped the jolly trolley and just drove through. See you Monday!